It was Sunday night experimentation time last night, and Ryan decided to try a rendition of his Mom’s dilled potato recipe. He’s off potato’s for the moment though (doctor recommended), so we’ve decided to do yams. The grocery store was out of sweet potatoes, otherwise we would have used those – but yams will do as well, I honestly have a hard time tasting the difference between the two.
What You Will Need:
3 large yams
1/4 cup melted butter or coconut ghee
1/4 cup cream (coconut cream or coconut milk will do as well for those dairy free)
1 tbsp dill (more for those who really love dill!)
- Peel yams and cut them into cubes.
- Place them in a large pot with just enough water to cover them.
- Boil for about 25 minutes until you can easily stick a fork through the yams, and they are cooked.
- Drain water. (Note: steaming works well also if you don’t like boiling your vegetables).
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over stove
- Add in cream and dill. Mix well.
- Add creamy mixture to drained yams.
- Serve and enjoy. These make a great side dish to any meat entree.