I like how the moist and chewy aspects remind me of oatmeal cookies! It is slightly ingredient dense, however most of the ingredients you will have in your pantry already if you follow a grain free diet. The only ingredients you may not have on hand are pumpkin and raisins.
I love the versatility of a recipe like this. I have raisins in it to remind me of oatmeal cookies, but you can definitely add walnuts, chocolate chips or any of your other favorite fixins! Depending on how sweet you like your cookies, you can add a bit more honey if you desire. The pumpkin flavor isn’t strong, but it adds to the moist factor of the recipe and makes the cookies light.
I find when living a grain free diet, it’s necessary to keep snacks on hand, and my favorite snacks by far are COOKIES! They don’t go bad that quickly (well in truth they get gobbled up before they ever would), and because they are grain and sugar free they aren’t bad for you like regular cookies filled with sugar.
What you will need:
- 2 cups Almond Meal/Flour
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup of honey (or more if you prefer your cookies really sweet)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (you can add more if you like)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients well.
- Add in your wet ingredients after.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Either butter a cookie sheet or cover it with parchment paper
- Roll your cookies into medium size balls, you can press down with a fork if you like.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Share this: